It's Amanda! School may be in full swing for some of you, but summer is hardly over! Like many women, I have an ever-growing collection of purses and totes. When summer rolls around, I just can't resist the iconic L.L. Bean canvas totes. I wish I had one in all sizes and in all colors. So, rather than draining my bank account, I made a mini summer tote gift bag reminiscent of an L.L. Bean tote. This little ditty would be perfect for a summer gift!
Mini Summer Tote Gift Bag Tutorial
Here is how I made the tiny tote (inspired by this tutorial). Lucky for you, I have already worked out the kinks. :)
1. Start by making a small box from a 3.25"x4.5" piece of paper. Score at 1/2" all the way around, trim tabs and adhere.
2. Cut a 3.5"x12"strip of paper. Add two stitches across the top of the paper. Make 3/4" long scores at 1 3/8", 5", 7 1/4", and 10 7/8" at the bottom of the paper. You don't want to score all the way up if you want your bag to look round.
3. Cut two 1/2"x12" strips of paper for the handles and one 3/4"x 12" strip of paper for the bottom. Stitch handles and then stitch the bottom piece.
4. Using the scores as a guide, adhere bag top to box using strong adhesive (I used Scrapbook Adhesives Crafty Power Tape).
5. Add a decorative flower and you're done!
Enjoy the remainder of your summer!
From the Flower Child Collection: Wondering Geo 1683, Groovy 1642, Flower Child Plaid 1639, Swirling 1648. Pearl brad (American Crafts), thread (Coats & Clark)