Hi! It's Amanda again! (for the last time this week, I promise!) The Country Charm collection comes with a variety of bright and cheery polka dot prints on the "B" sides. I got to thinking that these dots would be perfect as a cross stitching guide, so I gave it a go.
I first printed the sentiment on the paper and then pierced the holes with a paper piercer. Stitching the heart only took a few minutes. I went with a not-too-Valentiney color scheme so it could be hung in the house year-round.
Here are a few tips to make light work of your cross stitching:
- Sketch your design on a piece of scrap paper first. You may say, "Duh", but I managed to screw up a few times.
- Trim the paper so the dots run vertically and horizontally.
- Trim paper to 8.5"x11" so it will run through your printer.
- Pierce holes on the dots where you will stitch.
- Adhere inner hoop to back of your paper and trim excess paper with a craft knife.
Have fun stitching!
From the Country Charm collection: Vintage Wallpaper 1514; embroidery floss (DMC); 6" embroidery hoop, grosgrain ribbon