Although Thanksgiving has passed, there is still much to be grateful for this holiday season. This week Epiphany Crafts has paired up with Simple Stories and I am excited to share an easy gratitude journal tutorial with you.
I used this tutorial as my inspiration for my gratitude journal.
1. Start by making the binding of the journal by scoring a 4"x6" piece of paper every 1/2". Fold into an accordion.
2. Sew journal pages to the accordion starting with the back page. Continue sewing pages until you get to the first page. My journal has 6 pages, but you could easily do more or less.
After all of the pages are sewn in, your journal will look like this:
3. Apply adhesive to the back of the accordion folds to create the binding.
After you have applied adhesive, your binding will look like this:
4. Make a cover for your journal by sewing a 1 1/2" strip of paper between two 4"x6" pieces of paper.
5. Score the center of the cover and fold.
6. Adhere the cover to the journal pages. Now your journal is ready to decorate!
I used the EC Pennant 25 tool to create a little banner for the journal cover.
The EC Button 20 tool makes the cutest little custom buttons. This gingham button is my favorite!
And how 'bout that little stamp made with the EC Square 25 tool?
Below are a few sample pages from my gratitude journal.
I am thankful for you! Happy Holidays!
Epiphany Crafts Supplies
Shape Studio Tool Pennant 25
Shape Studio Accessories Pennant 25 bubble cap
Shape Studio Tool Square 25
Shape Studio Accessories Square 25 bubble cap
Button Studio Tool Button Round 20
Button Studio Buttons Round 20
Harvest Lane collection (Simple Stories)
Jute twine (May Arts)